Advantages of using declarative json ETL software
JsonEDI is a powerful enterprise declarative ETL tool based on internal Json documents. JsonEDI can read or write to nearly any datasource including SQL, NoSQL , flat files or REST. When reading from non-Json sources, JsonEDI immediately converts the data into Json for processing.
Being a declarative programming paradigm, JsonEDI separates the “what to do” from the “how to do it”. The “what” is business requirements of data mappings, data integration and data modeling. The “how” is more technical requirements of moving data from point A to point B like error management, batch management, data cleansing etc.The “how” portion is either already implemented by JsonEDI’s code or is pre-configured during setup.
The “what to do” is metadata organized in a user friendly data dictionary format. This brings visibility and understanding without necessarily needing to know or understand all the ETL’s technical details.Being in a single repository allows management at the data model level and to make changes en mass.
- All mappings and transformations are defined in simple metadata
- JsonEDI’s metadata can be created surprisingly quickly from various means. This includes automatically/dynamically from incoming Json document’s schema or imported from an existing database’s schema, Master Data Management, ERD tool or ad hoc.
- JsonEDI will add new elements to metadata automatically including the datatype and apply data transformation based on rules.
- Flat file loads/exports are automated by reading column headers and auto-mapping. Drop a file in a folder and JsonEDI will read and map based on your rules.
- Near real-time or batch. JsonEDI includes built in job and batch controls with audit logs or low latency as a Window’s service/Linux deamon
- Endpoint on a enterprise service bus
- JsonEDI is an object oriented Java app that separates the input of data (Extract) from the mapping/transformation/write (Transform and Load). So it is very flexible about where data comes from.
- Built using Java and Json, JsonEDI is an easily extensible Json ETL tool.
- Merge data from separate sources into a single Json destination. For example merge multiple normalized SQL tables with multiple cardinalities together into a hierarchical Json document.
- Data type detection and/or validation with error logging
- Extremely configurable with metadata managed workflow
- Json ETL has the flexibility, code reuse and agile development of object oriented programming
- Any source or destination: SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Flat File, REST or Enterprise Service Bus
- Enterprise Data Governance: Monitor & manage data propagation. ETL “code” is a black box to DBAs
- Automatic schema generation at destination: SQL, Flat File and obviously NoSQL
- Scalable: Multi-threaded reads or writes and across servers/nodes
- JsonEDI Json ETL has powerful Data Transformations:
Split, Merge, Pivot, Pivot and Log, Look Up (cached, non-cached or REST call), Computed Columns/Functions, Filtering, Multi-tenant destination, Obfuscate Personnel Identifiable Information,
Json Hierarchical Merge (typically several relational source tables combined into a single Json document)
- Many transforms can be implemented by a single mouse click and/or manipulated through ad-hoc SQL.
For additional features of JsonEDI or to discuss your company’s data integration needs feel to contact Fred Zimmerman via LinkedIN.